How can your organisation get involved in Homework HELP Club?
Role models – we need a range of people from within your organisation to be role models for the kids by helping them do their homework and talking with them about aiming high for a bright future.
For organisations keen to be part of the Homework HELP Club community, fill in this form to let us know where you are and what you can do. We’ll use this information to match with potential schools where you can help.
It is simple and it works!
- You only need 3‑4 volunteers for an hour one afternoon each week after school during each term.
- It doesn’t need to be the same people each week.
- All the volunteers need is a car to travel to the school to be there when the bell rings.
- Perhaps you can bring a box of fruit for the kids to share – homework is hungry work!
- You just need to work in small groups or individually with the kids to help them with their reading and other homework set by the school.
- You also need to talk and engage – the kids may want to know about your job and why school is important. Help them dream of a career, and be inspired!
What will you get out of it?
By inspiring people within your organisation to get behind Homework HELP Club, you will be creating your own sense of community. One that is involved with our kids and one where we can share our skills to teach, inspire and support our decile one primary schools in the simplest way.
MinterEllisonRuddWatts is currently supporting Holy Family School in Porirua and has found that taking part has enhanced their team culture. Please join us.